We currently have an opening for an Executive Business Affairs Manager who will manage the following aspects of TV/radio/digital productions.
· Partner with lead account executives to execute creative vision
· Partner with production personnel on numerous concurrent TV, radio and digital assignments.
· Manage, mentor and train a team
· Streamline processes and requests and delegate responsibilities to a team
· Manage all talent components of productions including but not limited to negotiations, generate session/residual estimates, preparation and execution of contracts/deal memos/long forms.
· Review presentation materials in conjunction with general counsel to assess any third-party rights to be licensed (i.e. music, trademark, UCG, etc.) and to call out any potential legal issues in an effort to minimize Agency/Client liability.
- Negotiate usage rights for all third-party materials (footage, photos, names, etc.)
· Collaborate with the music department when engaging licensors to determine usage rights, respective licensing fees and executing all corresponding licenses.
· Monitor budgets and work with producers/finance to reconcile jobs when appropriate.
- Manage creative searches for on-camera celebrity talent, content creators, VO’s, etc.
· Possess effective leadership qualities
· Possess hands-on experience in licensing intellectual property (music, film, etc.)
· Possess hands-on experience in celebrity and influencer negotiations
· A minimum of 10 years of Broadcast Business Affairs and licensing experience at an ad agency.
· Expertise working in social media and influencer marketing
· Must work well under pressure on a high-volume account.
· Must possess strong knowledge base of the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract.
· Can acclimate to a production heavy, fast-paced environment.
· Comfortable with limited domestic/international travel.
· Recognized as an industry leader, possessing relationships with key personnel in the business affairs participating in local industry committees
· Should have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, web-based talent payment platforms.