We currently have an opening for a Senior Business Affairs Manager who will help manage the business aspects of our commercial productions. Candidate will work in a professional and collaborative manner with Broadcast Traffic, Production and Account Group to ensure that all featured intellectual properties in our advertising materials have been properly licensed and that Deutsch is compliant with the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract.
· Review creative materials for any potential legal issues and provide viable options to minimize Agency/Client liability
- Review creative materials to assess any third-party rights for use of intellectual property in advertising and negotiate and license usage rights to third party materials as needed (music, UGC footage, names, etc.)
· Partner with Account Executives to execute creative vision
· Work with Producers on preparing TV & radio production estimates for client approval and preparing contracts between Agency & vendors relating to production (music contracts, production contracts, editorial contracts, etc.)
· Assist Producers with monitoring the production budget and finalizing
· Process third party vendor invoices for payment
· Work with Finance to actualize and close estimates
- Managing creative searches for sport and celebrity talent, music, etc.
· Handle scale and over-scale talent negotiations and execute deal memos and long form contracts
- Tracking commercial/talent usage and executing option terms
- Working with producers and accounting to reconcile and close jobs
· Possess leadership qualities and ability to mentor/train a team
· A minimum of 7 years of Broadcast Business Affairs and Licensing experience at an ad agency.
· In-depth knowledge of the SAG-AFTRA Commercials Contract and talent residual payments
· Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.