Deutsch LA is seeking a Strategy Director to join our rebel alliance, working on our creative flagship, Taco Bell.
Working on Taco Bell is fast-paced and dynamic. We have brilliant and lovely clients who value creativity and cultural impact, so we are seeking someone who blends strategic rigor with cultural savviness. Someone truly T-shaped, with the ability to shift between the right brain and left, between analytical rigor and creative ideation, between quant and qual. This person should have a grounding in business as much as culture, should be as much at ease on an investor call as a creative briefing, who can toggle between the Wall Street Journal and TikTok, between pick-up trucks and electric scooters, between Silicon Valley and Main Street, USA. Ultimately, we’re looking for a multi-functional thinker who can extract the essentials from disparate sources, and brew them into powerful strategies that are springboards to creative awesomeness.
This role will work on many elements of the Taco Bell business. The right applicant will have a strong presence for frequent client interaction. He or she will work closely with the Group Planning Director to liaise with clients, manage the strategists and inspire the creatives. We are looking for people with a positive presence and a make-it-happen spirit.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Strong core competency in strategic planning’s bread and butter: research & insights, people & culture, media & connections, and the way they all fit together.
- Ability to write simply and persuasively. Ability to present as simply and persuasively.
- Leverage disparate data sources to drive insights; good understanding of brand, business, and measurement analytics.
- Attention to detail alongside ability to think on one’s feet.
- Interest in the business, not just the advertising. Understanding of brand KPIs, both in relationship to clients and creative teams.
- Participate in client relationships. Deliver fresh thinking to clients that are hungry for it, making them feel like an ally and part of the process.
- Work cohesively internally with account team and creative leads, and manage (and mentor) junior planners.
- A person who truly "cares the most.” Passionate and motivated by the game-changing power of creativity to drive client success.
· Passion for studying and understanding consumer and marketplace behaviors, particularly those that most impact business and marketing goals.